Sunday, November 10, 2013

Am I back?

I am back my friends, this time I put things in some for of proper order.  I went out of my way to start changing back into my former healthier lifestyle and now I am going to talk about it with you fine folks.  In previous attempts I think I was doing things in the wrong order.  I am working on balance in my life, I may not be at the point where I work out in the first  thing in the morning but I do hit 10,000 steps a day and that is a start.

First thing is first, my sweetie and I have gone on a week day vegetarian only diet.  Not for any ethical reason, I know how they slaughter animals but we came to notice that our food creativity has majorly increased.  We just sort of replaced all the meat in our life with more veggies, or we make the most delicious soups. Once the weekend starts we can eat any meat we want if we so desire.  It is a great way of forcing most fast food places from your life.  Our one exception to the no meat during the week rule is sushi, we figure sushi is not the same as a hamburger.

I have also joined the world of the Fitbit!  I have for the most part hit my foot steps, 10,000 a day.  I have had it for going on 3 weeks now, and I really enjoy it.  It gives me a real  traceable goal.  My nickname is The Shrinking Geek, feel free to seek me out and add me.  I really enjoy the fact that it works with my fitness pal, so I don’t have to re add my recipes.  I like being able to look at my leader board and seeing where I rank.  It actually does drive me to want to move more and do more.  The one thing I have noticed is that I am not crazy, I really am spending most days tired.  During the week I am only getting between 6 and 7 hours of sleep, which means I really am as tired as I think I am most of the time.  Regardless  of the amount of sleep I get though, I feel better!

Thanks for reading if anyone is still there!

No comments:

Post a Comment